samedi 4 juillet 2009

Welcome to my Blog

Hello everyone,

Yes, I've decided to start a blog...

Why?

I don't know... Probably just because I thought it would be fun to have a blog. That's the only reason I can see, since it is definitely not because I have anything special to say. As for so many other things, I might end up writing after 1 week or 2, for lack of motivation or time. Or just because there is a new silly project to replace this one. We'll see.

Maybe I'm also making this blog because It came to me lately that every thought and reflections that we have do not really exist until they are expressed in some way. Thoughts go round and round in my head, and I always seem to find myself at the starting point. It's like these books that I have read: no matter how great I thought they were at the time, sometimes it is not possible for me to tell now what they were really about. And I'm sometimes amazed by the speed at which this kind of information gets erased from my memory. I know I'm not the only one, but I would like to sometimes get to some conclusion, and remember it.

And it's the same for university... I mean, how the hell do people still remember what they have learned? I loose it from one chapter to another most of the time. I guess it probably is a matter of how much you are interested in what you learn or read. I'm not in love with what I study, but I like it. Shouldn't that be enough? Anyways...

The Language

To those of you who might wonder why I'm disowning my native language and writing in English, I'm sorry, but too many of the people who might, strangely, be interested in reading this don't understand French. There should, however, be times when I will not feel like writing in English, so this blog will be bilingual... Maybe even trilingual if I decide to try out my German!

What will I write here?

Well, it's hard to say right now... a bit of random things I guess. I would like my family and friends back home to have more of my news. I'm awful at giving news; I just never do it. I guess a blog is a good idea for this, sine only those who are interested will read it, and I will not feel like I'm writing to people that don't care anyway. As I said before, i'm tired of forgetting everything, so I might also write here a bunch things that I would like to remember (grocery lists, rendez-vous, etc.)... I'm kidding, you won't read this kind of stuff here, don't worry. No but if I have something to say... I will try to not be lazy and say it... and then if it doesn't stay in my head, at least it will be here.

So, I think now it's time for the Blog adventure to begin...

but that's for next time :)

lg (that stands for Liebe Grüße in German, which means something like best regards)

Philippe

2 commentaires:

  1. wow tu écris vraiment bien... contente d'avoir de tes nouvelles. J'espère que tu vas venir écrire souvent.
    A bientôt
    xoxo

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Salut ma soeur!
    Je vais faire mon gros possible :)
    mais tu me connais, les résultats sont pas garantis. ;)

    à bientôt!

    RépondreSupprimer